Saturday, 7 November 2015

Week Six...

So this week in the gym we added Abs to the workout and an incline on the treadmill.  The Abs were a bit embarrassing to do at the Gym, to be honest the first and third time with Chris I had to do it at the Gym and because I was on my own the second and fourth time I waited till I got home to do them.

What with the old knees it's a struggle getting up sometimes and in a gym where there are ultra fit people I find it a bit embarrassing to be honest.

I have had a couple of days where my food has gone off the rails this week.  I tried to reintroduce things that I'd purposely kept away from, my danger foods, chocolate/crisps.. but I've realised I can't do that at least not yet.

It's a bit like a smoker I think, I have been eating this rubbish for many many years and to have expected to be able to have some and be satisfied after such a short time isn't for me.  When I gave up smoking and alcohol (26 and 13 years respectively) it wasn't 'I'm going to cut back then stop' I had to just avoid them completely.  That's how I succeeded at both.  Don't get me wrong I didn't have a drinking problem, I just didn't want to drink anymore so perhaps that was easier than if I'd had a problem.

The two occasions that I have drank alcohol in the 13 years were both in the last year and I've drank on those occasions and then it's not even addressed the next day....not drinking alcohol is normal for me so it was just back to normality....... that's why I think I have to cut out my danger foods completely, not partially, until I'm at a point where I can take or leave them.  Right now I still have a bit of a psyche of getting out of control again with them and that scares me..... I cannot go backwards now.

So being the first week I've struggled psychologically I have found that if you do have a wobble you don't have to give up, it's just move on.

There's no race, I have put on my weight over 30 years, if it takes me 18 months to get it off then so be it.

So this week the weightloss was 1.5lb


Total weightloss is now 20.5lb

No comments:

Post a Comment